Friday, February 1, 2008

TGIF :)




Hey there...I was finally able to load some pics. At least you have an idea what I am up to and can have some visuals in your mind when I write my blog. This morning, Michele and I went to St. Joseph's hospital to be with Lindsay. Let's just say, this hospital was less than great. I couldn't even believe it. On the bright side, the nurses were very nice and attentive to Lindsay and the surgery went great. We were able to bring her home with us this afternoon..thank goodness!! Apparently many of the patients get malaria in the hospital as the mosquitos pass it from one patient to the other. Before we left, they wheeled in a woman who had just had surgery. They asked me and Brittany if we could help lift her and put her in the bed...I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!! So of course I helped....she was a bigger woman and 4 of us managed to lift her over to the head, but unfortuneatly we banged her head against the headboard on the way....wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. She was completely naked and exposed to us....so much for privacy in hospitals...they have none! Lindsay said that some tourists even came into her room to look at her. There is no such thing as a front desk and they most definitely do not serve food to the patients. It is the responsibility for the family members and friends to bring meals. It was quite an experience. I am headed back to the house for din din and possibly a night out on the town. We head for Zanzibar tomorrow morning at 5:30. I need some color on this skin of mine!! Buzus to you all! Keep the emails coming...puts a smile on my face :)

No comments: