
The last few days have been pretty uneventful. School was as usual yesterday.....frustrating. I try to take deep breaths when the kids are out of control, but I still fill with rage. I was trying to contain one of my problem kids, then one of the little girls came up and started hitting him...so I just decided to let them duke it out. They wrestled on the floor for about 10 minutes....I think I might continue with this tactic. Hahha. I thought of something else to purchase with the donation money....pillows for the hospital. The only pillows they had when Lindsay was there was blankets, wrapped in sheets...it was like laying on a rock. Pillows would be a nice plus after someone has surgery or is infected with malaria. Speaking of, my friend Brooke has malaria in the house...we are all on edge!
Last night we all went out to a bar with a bunch of the locals, but I was feeling a bit off, so decided to make it an early night. I curled on the couch and watched Braveheart with a few of the volunteers....it was so nice to veg and not think about anything that is going on here.
Today we ventured to the Keys Hotel to lay by the pool. It was a perfect Saturday afternoon...even got some color which was needed very badly. Ludovic, my Uncle Daniel's nephew, is coming to pick me up from Arusha tonight. It's such a small world. We are going back to Arusha for the night...dinner and out on the town I am assuming. Should be fun I'm sure.
That's about all I have for now. All is good here. 1 more week of volunteering left. It is bittersweet. Much love!!
Last night we all went out to a bar with a bunch of the locals, but I was feeling a bit off, so decided to make it an early night. I curled on the couch and watched Braveheart with a few of the volunteers....it was so nice to veg and not think about anything that is going on here.
Today we ventured to the Keys Hotel to lay by the pool. It was a perfect Saturday afternoon...even got some color which was needed very badly. Ludovic, my Uncle Daniel's nephew, is coming to pick me up from Arusha tonight. It's such a small world. We are going back to Arusha for the night...dinner and out on the town I am assuming. Should be fun I'm sure.
That's about all I have for now. All is good here. 1 more week of volunteering left. It is bittersweet. Much love!!
No comments:
Post a Comment