Hey all....last note before I leave for the weekend! Rough day today. I got to school this morning at 8..ready to teach...and little Anita, who is 2..was screaming crying. So..I sat down and put her on my lap...thankfully, facing away from my body...and all of a sudden..trajectile vomit..alll over my feet and the kids sitting at my feet..it was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other teacher ran over, grabbed her and sat her in the back of the classroom...so I walked back to rub her back and she was kept on vomiting all over herself....I walked her to the bathroom to wash her off, picked her up..and she peed all over me. ERK! She cried all day for her mom. Then, the other 2 year old, who I am obsessed with, came back to school today, still has the ear infection....I held him for a long time and he just slept on my shoulder. It is absolutely heartbreaking. I spoke with one of the teachers about materials that I could send to them from home...and she basically said they needed everything....Michele and I are going to brainstorm to figure out what is most needed. There is just so much need, I don't know where to begin. I just really want to leave a part of me behind here and know that I am helping.....it is really hard to see a huge difference as a nursery school teach.
I had an individual meeting with one of our directors today. I basically told her that I love the teachers that I work with, but I need someone to help me. I have realized that I am a good teacher, and can do a better job than the other teacher, but I just need more hands. She wants me to talk to the teacher tomorrow and ask for help..I'm a bit intimidated by this, so we'll see how it goes. Actually, just realized I can't do that tomorrow because Michele and I are going to the hospital tomorrow morning to sit with Lindsay...I hear it is quite a culture shock there.
Ok....headed for a beer across the street...need to unwind a bit. Lots of love to you all! XOXO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment