We had a great day yesterday! We started off the morning going with Aunt DD to her local market in Saint Clement. This town is very small and everyone knows one another, kinda like Hughson ;) After we picked up our fresh veggies,baguettes, and the most wonderful cheese you could ever taste, we went to the town of Montpellier. Aunt DD and Uncle Daniel showed us the town and took us to a yummy italian restaurant for some lunch and chianti. We then headed for Musee Fabre. It was an a amazing museum....I think our favorite part was making fun of the naked scultptures (aka...muscled men with nothing down under). Mature I know :) They then took us to the place where Christopher had his accident. For those of you who do not know, 3 years ago, he and his friends dove into the river that goes through town, in the middle of winter. The water was very shallow, so Christopher hit his head and broke his neck. I am leaving out some of the details, but you get the jest. He is the most wonderful and positive person I have ever met. He should be an inspiration to us all. He is finishing up his masters degree in engineering and has decided not to go for his doctorate so that he can focus on his body and strengthen his muscles. With all of the stem cell research and recent breakthroughs, we are hoping that his circumstances will improve. As I am writing this message, I can hear him wheeling around the house, singing at the top of his lungs....American music of course ;) He is absolutely amazing!
I think I may have a bit of a sinus infection, so I am trying to medicate. I HAVE to get better before I head to Africa!!! The little french phrases that I learned in Paris a few years ago are coming back to me.....my pronunciation is definitely not up to par....Fabris,Christophers best friend,who also lives here, tried to get me to say "your welcome", but it just doesnt come out correctly. Im trying!!!!
Last night, Emilie, Christophers girlfriend, asked Meg and I to help her with her English studies (aka, art history comprehension) We had to get through 12 texts and summarize them for her....this was not easy, but she was very thankful for our help. She is taking us around town later today....she is adorable and loves Christopher very much.
P.S. We still do not have our luggage...still laughing about it...don't worry, we have clean underwear and our clothes have been washed!!!
We leave for Dublin tomorrow morning! Our time here has been wonderful and relaxing...big thanks to Uncle Daniel and Aunt DD!!!! XOXOXOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment