We have had a fantastic few days in Dublin. The first night we went to Temple Bar, which is basically a street lined with pubs. Meg and I found the perfect ambiance at Oliver's Pub, so we plopped down at the bar...she ordered Irish stew and I order fish and ships ..... yummmmmy! .....with Guinness's of course. We met some interesting guys from Spain...so again...I pulled out my not so impressive Spanish. We hopped from bar to bar, and met two local guys.....when one bar closed, we moved to the next.....lots of beer, cider, and black currant was consumed. I believe there was much talk of politics also.....it is so funny how involved the Europeans are in our election. I feel like they know more than I do....it's quite embarrassing.
The next day we took the train to the coast. It was beautiful! Megan reallllly wanted to see a castle to we hopped on another train to Malahide...we didn't get there until dark, but she just wanted to see one. The guy at the station said that it was a 15 minute walk down the road...HE LIED!!!!!! It ended up being 45 minutes of walking along the freeway, in the dark....of course when we got there, it was gated up and there was no castle in sight!!!! Again....we laughed!!! Thank God we are able to keep eachother entertained.
We barely made it back in time to meet my friend Nick, who is working in Dublin for a few months. He treated us to an awesome Irish dinner, then off to the bars again. We had an absolute blast. I believe I even danced the jig at one point....it was not pretty. Haha. Nick also had the pleasure of me spitting my Guinness all over him as I was laughing. I think we laughed for an hour.
Today, somehow, we got up early to check out of our rooms. I'm pretty sure I was still intoxicated...oops! We went to Christ Church, then the Guiness Factory. I am ashamed to say that I could not drink the Guinness offered to me at the factory...I just couldn't do it.
We are about to head to the airport for London. We are meeting up with Kira for dinner, and Michele arrives early tomorrow morning...then off to Tanzania tomorrow night! It's finally here!! I probably won't be able to write until I get settled in. XOXOXOXO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment